Thursday, March 31, 2011

Grilled Potatoes

For dinner tonight I was craving a baked potato, but I didn't want to wait an hour or so for it to bake. So, I decided to use the speedy method and cook it in the microwave. While the potato was cooking, I fired up the grill and cooked up some steaks. The grill gave me an idea. 

Wouldn't the potato be delicious cooked on the grill?

After the potato was cooked through (in the microwave), I rubbed it with olive oil and sea salt and placed it on the grill and cooked it until it had nice grill marks on all sides. 
I'm eating healthy for the moment, so I topped my potato with cottage cheese, fresh snipped chives and ground black pepper. It was so good! That crispy salty skin with the smoky grill flavor was delicious!
When I'm being bad, I love to load up the hot potato with butter and then top it with cottage cheese and creamy ranch dip. Nothin' better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails