Friday, September 30, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes!

Yes. I am on the bandwagon with all of those who start making and searching out pumpkin flavored foods and treats at the first sign of fall. I've already enjoyed a pumpkin latte and made pumpkin cranberry cookies. So, when I walked into Trader Joes and saw this pumpkin pancake mix, I just had to try it!
These pancakes are easy to make and have a wonderful pumpkin flavor. It was exactly what I was craving. I had some leftover pumpkin puree from some cookies I baked, so I made a second batch of pancakes and added a splash of vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and a couple good dollops of pumpkin puree. These doctored pancakes turned out wonderful as well! Either way, they both make for excellent fall flavored pancakes.
The batter is a pretty orange color too.
And they cook up nicely.


I topped mine with real maple syrup (also from TJ's) and that's all they needed. Of course, a smear of melted butter would be heavenly too.
So, if you have a Trader Joes by you, just know that their pancake mix is really good and worth trying out! Also, their spices like cinnamon, cloves and pumpkin pie spice are only $1.99 each (and they're nice glass jars too.)
If you're feeling adventurous, make some cinnamon butter to go on top!

Cinnamon Butter
3/4 cups unsalted butter
1 tbsp corn syrup 
1 tsp brown sugar 
1 tsp granulated sugar 
2 tsp cinnamon
Using an electric mixer, whip room temperature butter until fluffy. Add corn syrup, sugars and cinnamon and beat to combine.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

They look good. I will have a list of things I would like when I come in town.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails