Friday, January 11, 2013

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Here's another quick and tasty treat that you can whip up in a few minutes. These chocolate chip bars are soft and chewy and have that classic buttery chocolate chip cookie flavor. You can use any chips you like in these. Butterscotch, peanut butter and white chocolate are all tasty options. I made one batch with half chocolate chips and the other half with butterscotch chips and my family really enjoyed both. I think I liked the butterscotch the best. Yum!

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all-purpose or unbleached flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9"x13" pan. In large bowl combine sugar and melted butter; blend well. Add eggs, 1 at a time beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Spoon lightly into measuring cup, flour, level off. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until set. Do not overbake. Cool before cutting into squares. Make up to 36 bars.


Inspired By: Cooks.com

4 comments:

The Cooking Actress said...

These look so gooey and full of sweet and salty yumminess!

Angie's Recipes said...

Simply irresistible!

Shauna said...

I will make a list of the items I would like you to make for me when I come in town.

Bake-A-Holic said...

Looking forward to it mom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails