Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Glazed Pumpkin Spice Cookies

These pumpkin cookies bake up soft and cakey and have a wonderful pumpkin flavor. The vanilla glaze on top makes them a delicious treat. These are great with coffee in the morning or to snack on throughout the day (like I did). 
Recipe Source: allrecipes.com

Glazed Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Yield: 3 dozen

  Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

 Glaze
2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch cinnamon

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and pinch of cinnamon. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.

Recipe Source: allrecipes.com

4 comments:

Shauna said...

They almost look like mini cakes - so soft, moist and fluffy. They will be my new fall cookie. Maybe I will try to make my icing look like a ghost.
Yum.

jojo said...

I can't believe it's already time for fall cookies. Pumpkin and gingerbread lattes aren't far off.

Bake-A-Holic said...

I had my first Pumpkin Latte the other day. I stopped into a coffee shop before a hair appt. and they were on the menu. I couldn't resist! Today I also bought the ground pumpkin spice coffee from Trader Joe's. I'm a sucker for fall.

jojo said...

I bought the pumpkin coffee at TJ's last week too! It's good mixed with the regular coffee - a little strong on its own.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails