Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Quick Noodle Soup

Kaia was asking for "Nu Nu's" today, and she said absolutely "no mac n' cheese, mommy". So I searched the cupboards for some chicken nu nu soup, but came up empty handed. Not wanting to get ready and pack up Kaia to go to the grocery store, I decided to make some myself. I had some raw pasta and chicken broth, so I got to work.


Here's what I came up with:


4 cups chicken stock
1 chkn. bouillon cube
1 tsp. corriander
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 carrots, diced small
2 celery ribs, diced small
1 chicken breast
1 1/2 cups pasta noodles
1 T butter
1/2 cup peas
Salt and Pepper


I brought the broth and bouillon cube to a low boil and added the carrots and celery. I added the pasta, corriander, garlic salt and a few cracks of pepper and cooked until the noodles were done. While they were cooking away, I pounded out the chicken, then quickly fried it until cooked through and cut it into Kaia-sized pieces. I added the chicken, a pat of butter, the peas and a little salt and pepper to the broth, gave it stir and ladled it into a Dora Bowl. It turned out pretty good for a spontaneous soup and Kaia ate every drop.

Jason even tried it and decided he wanted a whole bowl. I thought it was really good too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really good Summer. I wish I'd have had a big bowl of that last week when I had bronchitis. Campbells was all I had and that's what Kaia and I had that day we were both sick.

Bake-A-Holic said...

Likewise. There's just something about a big bowl of hot chicken soup when you're sick. I think you had it the worst out of the three of us. Hopefully you're completely better now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails