Thursday, September 4, 2008

Garden Salsa

When I stopped by my parents house one day, they loaded me up with some gorgeous fruits and vegetables from their garden. In particular, tomatoes, peppers and onions.

My mom made a fresh batch of salsa while I was there and it was so good that I had to make some when I got home.


I kept it very simple and only added a few ingredients plus a pinch of salt.

I chopped up 1/2 an onion and one green chili pepper and one banana pepper

I pulsed in one regular juicy tomato, two roma tomatoes and a pretty yellow heirloom.
I added a pinch of salt and that was it. It was so delicious and fresh. You can also add jalapeno chiles, fresh garlic, cilantro, lime juice, pepper, etc.

If you like a more chunky salsa, use a food chopper. Homemade salsa is the best and if you can get fresh fruits and veggies from your garden or a neighbor or the farmer's market, that's the way to go.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you need some more garden vegies. I bought you a bag of tortilla chips for dippin and a head of garlic too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails