Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Local Eats / Salt Lake

Restaurant: La-Cai Noodle House

Chinese and Vietnamese

961 S. State Street
Phone: 801-322-3590
Website: lacainoodlehouse.com
Business Hours
Monday through Thursday 11:00 to 9:00
Fridays and Saturdays 11:00 to 9:00
Closed Sundays

Who Dined: Kaia, Tiffany, Nancy and Summer

Appetizers:

GARLIC BUTTERED SHRIMPS (12) $7.75
Excellent! Tender, butter-glazed shrimp with a yummy grilled flavor. Highly recommended. Lots of shrimp for the price too.


CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS $6.50
Fairly plain. Usually the chicken filling in most wraps is mixed with a brown sauce. All the ingredients were fresh, it just needed an extra something.


Main Course

SHRIMP WITH BLACK BEAN SAUCE

Lunch Special: served with white rice, one pot sticker and egg drop soup $7.75

Delicious. Really good black bean sauce. This dish comes with red and green peppers. Tiffany requested zucchini instead of the green peppers.



SHRIMP NOODLE SOUP $7.50

A little bland. Needed soy sauce. I don't really care for large soups as my entree, but Nancy and Kaia really liked this.


BLACK BEAN SAUCE CHICKEN $9.25

Dinner portion. Served with white rice.


Again, excellent black bean sauce and all the veggies were fresh and crisp and the chicken was moist and delicious. Nancy and I both ordered this and we had them add broccoli. Very good.

Rundown:

+ Cheap Eats
+ Good Appetizers
+ Good Portion sizes
+ Big menu
+ Fresh meat and sea food
+ Fresh, crispy vegetables
+ Delicious Sauces
+ Recently remodeled
- Parking around lunch time

2 comments:

Mumsy said...

I LOVE that place. I used to eat there once a month when I was in college.

Bake-A-Holic said...

This was my first time there. I'll definitely be going back. I can't believe I've never heard of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails