Monday, November 16, 2009

Spiced Pumpkin Shake

I spotted this recipe on kelseyskitchen and it looked so tasty! Beginning in October, I start craving everything pumpkin and this shake topped with crushed gingersnaps sounds delicious. I will be making this frozen goodness soon, but I thought I would post the recipe now for any pumpkin lovers out there. I may even make a boozey version with vanilla vodka, kahlua, creme de cacao etc.


[IMG_3633.JPG]



SPICED PUMPKIN SHAKE
Yield: 2 servings

INGREDIENTS
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
2 T brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla*
1/4 cup whole milk
2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
½ cup gingersnap or graham cracker cookies, crushed & divided
*vanilla bean paste preferred

DIRECTIONS
Place 2 glasses in freezer to chill.
Combine all ingredients excluding ¼ cup of the cookies in blender and blend thoroughly. When completely blended, top each serving with remaining gingersnap cookies.

* You could turn this into a tasty cocktail by adding a creamy liquor or vanilla vodka, etc.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails