Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Princess Cake


How to Make this Princess Cake
• • • • • •
For the princess dress bottoms you'll need this Wilton Mini Wonder Mold Pan, Found Here
Make your cake batter. I chose to doctor a white cake mix with fresh strawberry puree and strawberry oil.




Make sure you grease and flour the cups really well or the batter will stick!

For the first batch of cupcakes, I filled the molds a little too much (3/4 full) and they puffed over the sides. This wasn't a bad thing, but I did have to shave off more cake to get it level.
I did make a second batch and filled the molds about 2/3 full and they came out perfect. 
Unmold and let cool completely.


Trim off tops of cupcakes so they'll sit level on the cake.
For the dolls, I used my little girl's Disney Princess Favorite Moments Dolls. Found at Toys R Us, Target, etc. They're about three and a half inches tall and fit prefect in the mini wonder mold cakes.

I wrapped the doll legs in plastic to keep them fairly clean.

I used a knife to cut a small hole in the top of the cakes. I also scrapped out some of the filling to make room for the doll. Before inserting the dolls make sure you put their shirt tops on. Or you can pipe the bodice on with frosting.

After all the dolls were placed in the cake bottoms, I frosted each skirt to match the dolls bodice.


I baked two cakes. I used strawberry for the dolls skirts and then I baked one 9x13 chocolate cake to set the dolls on top of. I frosted the chocolate cake in white frosting and sprinkled it with silver sanding sugar for a pretty princess sparkle.


After the 9x13 cake was frosted and the skirts with the princesses in them were frosted, I placed the four princesses on the rectangle cake. I used wooden dowels to secure the dolls on the cake. Then I piped on the dress details and added candy flowers, etc. I finished by pipping a border and a few flowers on the rectangular cake. I used a star tip for all the designs.

Here's the finished cake. My little girl loved this! It wasn't too hard to make either. I baked the cakes the day before and did the assembly and frosting and piping the morning of the party.

Supplies Needed
Wilton Mini Wonder Mold Pan
9x13 baking dish
Piping bag and Star tip
Wooden Dowels


Food Coloring (I used AmeriColor Soft Gel Paste)
Candy Flowers

Glitter, Edible Sparkles
Favorite Moments Princess Dolls or Doll Picks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails