Tuesday, July 22, 2008

White Wine Sangria

I thought I would post this tasty recipe for white wine sangria from about.com. I tried it for the first time at my friend Jacinda's house and I think I had 3 or 4 glasses. It was dangerously easy to drink! I passed the recipe along to my mom who made it to take up camping and served it to a big group of friends and everyone raved about it. So, if you're looking for a tried and true drink that's a little sweet and on the fruity side, this is the perfect cocktail.


This drink looks elegant served in a big glass bowl so you can see all the colorful fruit swimming in the white wine.


Fruity White Wine Sangria
Ingredients:
1 Bottle of white wine
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup of orange juice
1 lemon (sliced)
1 lime (sliced)
1/2 liter of club soda or Pierre



Preparation:
Pour wine and orange juice in the pitcher and squeeze the juice from lemon and lime wedges into the wine. Toss in the fruit wedges (leaving out seeds if possible) and add sugar. Chill overnight. Add club
soda or Pierre just before serving.


If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled white wine and serve over lots of ice.


Addition ideas: sliced strawberries, peaches, handful of fresh blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, a shot or two of gin, brandy or rum, or a cup of citrus-flavored soda pop.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I wish I was holding a glass of that sangria right now.

Anonymous said...

Me too Shauna - it sounds really good

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails