Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Too Much Chocolate Cake



I made this sinfully delicious chocolate cake for a "Ghouls and Goblins" party (Post coming soon) I hosted for my little girl and her friends. This cake is fudgy and moist and very chocolaty. The best part is, it's made using a cake mix. This was a wonderful time saver and the cake can be made the day before.

I topped the cake with a chocolate glaze (as if it weren't chocolaty enough) and decorated it with chocolate dipped gummy worms and gummy spiders. My aunt, who doesn't ever eat dessert, loved this! I think all the kids and adults did too. I would recommend this recipe anytime you need a chocolate cake. Sprinkled with powdered sugar, drizzled with chocolate glaze or frosted, you can't go wrong!

I had to use the flash to take a picture of the cake once it was decorated, so it's not the best. Oh well.


Too Much Chocolate Cake
Source: allrecipes.com
Ingredients
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used mini chips and they were perfect)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Was way too good!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails