Friday, December 11, 2009

Foodie Gift



A friend of mine gave me this neat glass bottle filled with rich olive, rosemary from her garden, fresh garlic cloves and peppers. It's a very fragrant and flavorful blend.

I've started using this blend in place of my plain olive oil. I had my parents over for dinner the other night and I made baked potatoes which I rubbed with this olive oil, sprinkled with salt, wrapped in tin foil and baked at 400 degrees for an hour. They were really yummy. I also made sage rubbed chicken breast (using the olive oil as a base) and my baked broccoli which I drizzled with the oil.

You can pick up glass oil bottles for cheap at stores like T.J. Maxx, Thai Pan Trading, Ross, Orson Gygi or you can find plenty online. Then all you need is some good quality olive oil and a few flavorful ingredients to make a nice and tasty gift anybody could use.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails