Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thick Fudgy Brownies

I have a catering job coming up on Tuesday and I will be making two half sheets of brownies. I don't usually make brownies, so I'm trying out some new recipes. 


The first one I'm trying is Brooke's Best Bombshell Brownies from allrecipes.com.

The recipe is very simple and straight-forward. I had all the ingredients in my pantry, so I didn't have to make a trip to the store. High-five! Love when that happens.
...out of the oven....

These brownies are very fudgy, chewy and thick! Not to mention delicious. They have a nice rich, chocolatey flavor. Great brownie over-all, so I'll use this recipe for my catering job. The clients wanted a basic, chocolaty brownie, nothing to rich or over the top. This recipe will be perfect.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thick Fudgy Brownies
Yield 24 servings

Ingredients
1 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.

Combine the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended.

Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in the chocolate morsels. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.

Bake in preheated oven until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove, and cool pan on wire rack before cutting.

3 comments:

jojo said...

If you need any help with a taste test, holla!

Bake-A-Holic said...

I will! I always need tasters.

Regan said...

I made these today and they are terrific! Thank you!
{hugs}
Regan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails