Betty (Host): Prism Cake
Linda: Potato Soup, Betty Crocker Bars
Shauna: Boneless Spare Ribs in BBQ
Jodi: Shrimp and Noodles
Summer: Pastrami Tomato Cheese Sandwiches
Sarah: Peach Cobbler
Pancit Bihon (philippino noodle dish)
Susan: Homini Dip
All the dishes were really tasty. The story behind each one was even better!
Shrimp and Noodles
Prism Cake Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, dissolve orange gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Pour into an ice cube tray coated with cooking spray. Repeat with cherry and lime gelatins, using two more ice cube trays. Refrigerate until firm, about 1-1/2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice and 1/4 cup sugar. Sprinkle with unflavored gelatin; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir just until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon gelatin until dissolved. Stir in remaining cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate for 30-40 minutes or until syrupy.
- Combine cracker crumbs with remaining sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Remove gelatin cubes from ice cube trays. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into lemon gelatin mixture. Fold in gelatin cubes. Spoon over crust. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
More recipes coming soon...