Monday, April 14, 2008

Amazing Chicken Taco Soup


I love soup and I have to say, this is one of my favorites. My friend Dana made a pot of it for an April Fool's Cooking Club at my mom's house and I think I had thirds. The flavor of the soup was amazing and the sour cream and crumbled bacon topping made it even better.
Recipe coming soon.
Here it is: Thanks Dana.
Adapted from Paula Deen
Dana’s Taco Soup

The recipe is simple and not always the same....
I usually use what I have at home.

Brown 1lb of ground beef in a soup pot (I use ground turkey). Add 1 can of corn, 1 can of beans (pinto, chili, kidney..use what you have). 1 can tomatoes (chili ready, del monte diced zesty...again whatever you like) the above cans are usually about 14.5 oz sizes if you like it spicy, add one can rotel tomatoes and green chiles let this come to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes, then add 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix and 1 package taco seasoning and let cook for about 5 to ten more minutes.

Top off with things like sour cream, chives, cheese, corn chips, tortilla chips, bits of bacon, whatever floats your boat.


*Do not drain the cans, use all of the liquid. If you like it to be more brothy you can add water or beef or chicken stock.

You can add more cans of anything or omit anything you do not like. I usually use two cans of almost everything because I have an army to feed. Play with it and see what you like. It is also usually better the next day reheated because the flavors have had more time to mix together.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails