Saturday, July 17, 2010

Oatmeal White Chocolate Cherry Cookies

The full description: Oatmeal White Chocolate Cherry Cookies with a Cinnamon Glaze.  That's a mouth full!
These cookies are just scrumptious! They're soft, spicy and packed with cherries and white chocolate. It's a great combination of flavors. The cinnamon glaze was my four year old daughters idea. No matter what I'm baking, her first question is always, Are you going to frost that?. So I thought, why not? I decided to make a cinnamon glaze that I drizzled over the top and that was the perfect final touch. 


I brought these to a few different gathering and everyone loved them! Got many comments on the cinnamon glaze. Sometimes it's advantageous to have a kids perspective! 


This is a great cookie. Enjoy responsibly.


Oatmeal White Chocolate Cherry Cookies
1 cup butter, softened


1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup white chocolate chips 
Heat oven to 350°F.
In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats, cherries and chocolate; mix well.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack.Cool completely. Store tightly covered.


Cinnamon Glaze
For the glaze I just whisked together powdered sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and milk. I made different sized batches of cookies for each party I took them too, so I eyeballed the amounts.

1 comment:

jojo said...

These were amazing. Who knew I would be exchanging babysitting for baked goods at my age?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails