Friday, January 14, 2011

Cupcake and Wine Party!

Back in November, I purchased a groupon voucher for a bakers dozen of cupcakes from The Sweet Tooth Fairy. It was set to expire this week, so I needed a reason to go get thirteen delicious cupcakes. I decided to email some girlfriends and have a cupcake and wine party. It was awesome!
Here all the tasty cupcakes I happily picked out. It was so fun going into the bakery and looking at all the yummy flavors and choosing thirteen different ones. If I could be a cupcake buyer/taster for a living, I would. Anyhoo, below is some of the wine we sipped with our cupcakes. We choose white and dessert wines.

 Aerial View

Strawberry Shortcake. This is my daughters favorite flavor. She gets it every time we go. The ladies thought it tasted like artificial strawberry flavoring. It's suppose to be real strawberry buttercream, but last time I went to TSTF they said they weren't getting many strawberries in because of a shortage. I'm rambling and you're nodding off...
Rootbeer. This is one of my favorites! It's a seasonal flavor that comes out in the summer time. But, the Sweet Tooth Fairy had customers vote on their favorite flavors to be featured in January and this was one of them.
 Lime. The other costumer favorite was this tart and refreshing lime cupcake. Our group of ladies all agreed that this was a tasty cupcake and would be great during the summer with a cocktail. Yum.
 Red Velvet. This was one of the group favorites and not because of the cake itself, but because of the delicious frosting. It was so, so good and there was plenty of it!
 Cookies and Cream.
 German Chocolate
I also made some chicken and green chili quesadillas with cumin sour cream for dipping and put out some pretzel chips and hummus. I was trying to stave off a sugar and/or wine buzz. It was a week day after all.

 Most of the ladies did a sampler plate of cupcakes. How could you limit yourself to just one?
This wine and cupcake party was impromptu, but everyone was able to come and we had a blast! Sometimes it's nice to host a random get together with the ladies and for no other reason than to catch up and maybe enjoy a sweet treat and a glass of wine. Cheers!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Thanks for sharing your cupcakes! It was fun to see everyone and taste various flavors.

jojo said...

Thanks for inviting me, Summer! And if you need a cupcake tasting assistant, I'm yours!

Bake-A-Holic said...

Thanks for coming ladies! It's hard to beat a good glass of wine and yummy cupcakes.

Jo- I may just take you up on that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails